Rear-End Accident Attorneys in Kenosha
Fighting for Your Right to Compensation
Rear-end collisions are some of the most common types of motor vehicle accidents that occur in the country. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, more than two and a half million motor vehicle accidents are rear-end collisions. At Godin Geraghty Puntillo Camilli, SC, our Kenosha rear-end accident attorneys know you are facing some difficulties if you were recently injured by a negligent driver who rear-ended your vehicle. Our team will fight on your behalf to help you obtain the compensation you need to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Reach out to our Kenosha law office today at (262) 465-4094 to arrange a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys.
Common Causes of Rear-End Collisions
No matter how careful you are as a driver, it is near impossible to prevent a driver from rear-ending your vehicle.
Here are some of the most common causes of rear-end collisions:
- Distracted driving: If a driver scrolls through their social media feed on a phone, adjusts the GPS route, eats, or listens to loud music while operating a vehicle, an accident can easily occur. Any activity that requires drivers to divide their attention is considered a form of distracted driving and it is a dangerous habit.
- Tailgating: Many states, including Wisconsin, have explicit laws that prohibit tailgating. If you follow the driver ahead of you too closely, it does not leave enough time to stop due to poor road conditions, lack of visibility, or bad weather.
- Drunk driving: Alcohol affects a driver’s ability to judge speed and distance, which can make it a challenge to stop in time.
Injuries Frequently Sustained in Rear-End Accidents
People often assume rear-end collisions are not as serious as most other motor vehicle accidents. However, even rear-end accidents have the potential to result in severe injuries or even death.
Here are some of the most common injuries drivers sustain in rear-end accidents:
- Whiplash: Despite the fact that it is frequently dismissed as minor, this common soft tissue injury is quite painful and can lead to soreness and discomfort for more than a year in some cases.
- Head and face injuries: In a low-speed accident, when the airbags do not deploy, the driver’s face can smash into the steering wheel, resulting in breaks or fractures of the nose, jawbone, or cheekbone.
- Back injuries: The sudden impact of this type of collision can result in the compression of the disks or lower spine.
- Arm and hand injuries: In a rear-end collision, the driver or passengers will get jerked around on impact, which can result in injuries to the hands or arms.
Speak to a Kenosha Rear-End Accident Attorney Today!
If you were rear-ended by a reckless driver, you need to hire an experienced personal injury attorney to take on your case and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your suffering. At Godin Geraghty Puntillo Camilli, SC, our rear-end accident attorneys in Kenosha will fight diligently on your behalf to hold the responsible party liable for their reckless actions.
Contact ustoday at (262) 465-4094 to schedule a free consultation. You will not owe us any fees if we cannot win your case.